Acton Man to Stand Trial at Old Bailey

For brutal murder in Edgware last weekend


Garry Frater was killed on Saturday

Garry Frater, who died in the early hours of Saturday morning


Ealing Borough Police Website

Safer Neighbourhood Teams
East Acton Ward 020-8721 2708
South Acton Ward 020-8649 3574
Acton Central Ward 020-8721-7190/020 8721 2921
Southfield Ward 020-8721-2946
Crime Prevention Office 020-8246-1252

In an Emergency always dial 999

For non-urgent calls dial 0300 123 1212

Local Pub is Home for Squatters

Police and Ambulance Called to High Street Beauty Salon

Radio Roof Men Arrested in South Acton

Missing Man Photographed at Windmill Pub



Sign up for our free Acton newsletter

An Acton man appeared in court this week charged with a brutal murder which took place in Edgware at the weekend.

Garry Frater, who had three children, was run over and killed by thugs who followed him home after a row at a nightclub.

The thugs tailed Frater for more than nine miles. He was then confronted by the men as he got out of a taxi near his home in Edgware.

A Ford Fiesta allegedly ploughed into the 32-year-old and then reversed over the victim before doing a “wheel-spin” over Frater’s body in the road.

Frater – known as G or G Money – was rushed to Northwick Park hospital with multiple injuries in the early hours of Saturday, but died shortly after his arrival.

A few hours later, murder squad detectives arrested two men in west London, including Jake Lee aged 21, unemployed, of Heathfield Road W3.

Lee appeared on Monday at Ealing Magistrates' Court charged with murder. He was committed to trial at the Old Bailey on September 8th.

The 24-year-old has subsequently been released on bail, pending further inquiries.
Friends of Garry paid tribute to him after his death. One said: "He was a cool guy and it sounds like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time."

His devastated mother, Joan Litchfield, was reported to be too upset to discuss his death, but friends of the Manchester United fan told of their shock and disbelief.

Sean Sheridan, 40, a lorry driver who has lived near Frater in Edgware for 10 years, said: “Garry was a really cool guy. He was a top lad. Everyone knew him just as G.

“He had three young children. It’s a tragedy. I’ve been mates with him for years. He was a massive Manchester United fan, so are all his family.

"Apparently they followed him back to Edgware from the club and the cabbie even said "Mate, do you know you've been followed the whole way back?," he said.

Police said they could not be sure Garry was run over a second time deliberately.


June 3, 2009