Reports of Robbery at Horn Lane Post Office

Helicopter hovers over area as Police arrive at scene

Related Links

If you have any information which may assist police with their investigation please contact Acton Central Ward (contact details below) as soon as possible.

Alternatively, call CrimeStoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or call Ealing Borough Police on 0300 123 1212      

In an emergency always dial 999

Ealing Borough Police Website

Safer Neighbourhood Teams
East Acton Ward 020-8721 2708

South Acton Ward 020-8649 3574

Acton Central Ward 020-8721 2921

Southfield Ward 020-8721-2946

Arrests over Churchfield Road Drug Offences

Dispersal Order for Hanger Lane Gyratory 'Traders'

Police Appeal for Information on Acton High St Stabbing


Sign up for our free Acton newsletter

It is thought that a robbery took place earlier today at Horn Lane Post Office.

A local resident has informed us that Police arrived there at around 12.45pm.

A helicopter was seen hovering over the area for long periods of time, though it is not known whether its presence was connected with the incident. 

Initial reports say that the incident was a robbery, possibly involving arms but this has not yet been confirmed. 

It is not yet known whether the events are linked, but Roy Gillett posted on the Forum just before 4:00pm to report having seen "a load of cops in Emanuel Avenue. Couple of cars, two ARVs, dog unit and some plain clothes. It looked at first as if they were winding something down but as I mooched about a PC asked me to keep my distance because of an ongoing incident, but wouldn't say what exactly it was.

"As I strolled back towards Horn Lane I noticed that the armed cops were putting on helmets, and an emergency locksmith was coming in.  At that point it started hurling it down with rain so I reactivated plan A and retreated to the Co Op, past two police cars and a handful of officers hanging about on Horn Lane.

"As I came back, it looked like a car was blocking the entry to Emanuel Avenue. Although the helicopter had gone away so maybe it was finishing."

We have asked local Police to update us on the situation.

July 27, 2010