Westfield's KidZania Launches Drive to Find 290 Local Workers
Bringing total staff at Shepherd's Bush children's centre to 450
KidZania London, the UK’s first educational entertainment experience opening soon at Westfield London, has launched a major recruitment drive across Hammersmith and Fulham as it enters its final stages of development.
The centre is creating 290 new jobs, offering full-time, flexible working and part-time opportunities across its nine Operational departments, from team leader to assistant roles, who will complete its workforce of 450 employees.
A sample of the roles available include:
· Admissions – A replica airport check-in, employees will welcome aboard visitors ensuring they have their boarding passes, passports and security bracelets ready before entering the City of KidZania London.
· Activity Workshops – Unique to KidZania London this team is responsible for empowering and inspiring kids to make their own choices throughout the City. Operating over 60 creative establishments, this role is guaranteed to never see two days play out in the same way - where else could you be the foreman of an Innocent Smoothie Factory, a Renault Pit Lane Technician, a British Airways pilot and Bank Manager all in one day.
· Entertainment – Responsible for bringing to life KidZania characters ‘RightsZkeepers’ - Urbano, Chika, Vita, Bache and Beebop; partaking in the vibrant street parades and all celebrations around the City, creating an enjoyable and engaging experience for all visitors.
· Retail – Working within one of our restaurants or shops to deliver a personal service.
· Cleaning – Responsible for ensuring that all City streets are clean and presentable at all time.
As part of its commitment to its local community KidZania is working with a number of local organisations to aid those applying for one of its roles, including:
· Workzone at Westfield London – working with Westfield and the local authority with a combined goal of helping and encouraging local people source employment.
· City of London – KidZania London has engaged with City of London to manage its apprenticeship programme.
· City of Westminster – KidZania London has assisted in the design and facilitated ‘sector base work academy’ to upskill local residents in preparation for KidZania assessments.
· Phoenix High School – Members of the KidZania London team have assisted the high school in delivering preparation interview training to pre-selected pupils to support their KidZania application.
Joel Cadbury, Chairman of KidZania London, says: " Today marks a crucial point in the delivery of KidZania London and we are incredibly proud to create so many jobs in the area. The hard work, passion and enthusiasm that our team has for KidZania will bring our city to life, therefore this search to find talent is our top priority and our key to success."
Candidates can apply via the KidZania London careers website.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an assessment centre and one-to-one interview. All employees will then attend a company induction to immerse them into the world of KidZania.
KidZania London is the UK’s first educational entertainment experience where children aged 4 to 14 can experience the world of work through role-play. There are more than 60 real life professions, including paramedic, pilot, actor, stylist, pit-lane engineer, radio DJ that children can experience and aspire to be! KidZania offers a world of educational activities in a child-sized city where children learn essential life-skills such as team-work, financial literacy and communication.
April 17, 2015