Richmond Park plays host to 5km Fun Run for Christchurch Earthquake Appeal
London Run4Chch ~ 10am Sunday 13th March Everyone welcome! A 5km Fun Run for Christchurch Earthquake Relief. Bring the dog, your kids, your flatmates – get together with Kiwis far from home, to do something for Christchurch.
Anyone who wants to take part can register their donation at http://www.fundraiseonline.co.nz/run4chch/ or make a donation to British Red Cross New Zealand Earthquake Appeal
How can I take part?
1. Register your donation here – all funds go to NZ Red Cross.
2. Event starts at 10 am at the Sheen Gate entrance of Richmond Park on Sunday 13th March
3. Wear Red and Black on the day!
How do I get to Richmond Park?
The run will be following part of the Tamsin Trail around Richmond Park and the Start Line will be at the Sheen Gate Carpark. The nearest postcode is SW14 8BJ. Please note this is not exact but should give you a close enough location. Sheen Lane is the street that takes you directly into the park.
There is carparking and toilets are situated on the right immediately as you enter the Park. Please note the carpark has limited space as this is open to the public. If possible please leave the car at home or park before coming in to Sheen Gate.
Closest Station: Mortlake Rail is about a 15 min walk away. Richmond mainline station is about 30-40 minutes walk. Bus Routes: 33 . 337 . 493
How long will it take?
Your time will depend on your fitness level – if you are reasonably fit and run at a steady pace the whole way then it should take somewhere between 30-50 mins. If you walk the route, then plan for a couple of hours. The course is a mix of country paths, a little bit of cross country which is slightly undulating. Remember its all good fun and you can walk, jog or run – just go at your own pace!
This is awesome but I’m not in London, can I still take part?
Absolutely! This is a virtual worldwide fun run – you can do it anywhere anytime. If you would like to take part, just visit the Run4Chch Website for info on how to donate and take part on the 12/13 March in your corner of the world.
There are group runs taking place all over the world on the 12/13th March. Check the website to see if anyone is running in your town.
Other events taking place across the world include:
• Organisers Kate, Pip, Phil and Lucinda are running from Freyberg pool in Wellington at 9am on 13 March.
• St Patrick’s day 8k in Washington DC at on Sunday 13 March.
• March 13th is Round the Bays in Auckland - run the race in your red and black if you want to Run for Christchurch at the same time as enjoying this iconic Auckland event!
• Tem is running the Frankfurt Half Marathon!
• Kris, Michael and Action Asia Events are turning their 13 March race in Hong Kong into another Canterbury fundraiser, with donations going to the Red Cross earthquake fund
• Lisa’s organising a group run in Seattle
• The Ballina junior rugby team in Ireland is doing their 5km run on 12 March
• The “Monster Milers” are running together in Philidelphia
There are also people running in Dorset, Perth, Portland OR, Alabama, Phoenix AZ, Dallas, Canada, California, Chelmsford- and more!
March 1, 2011