Cigarette Thought to have Caused New Year Fire

Around 20 firefighters called to flat blaze on December 31st

Related Links

New Year Honour for Acton Resident

Who's Got the Best Dressed Window in Acton?

Chihuahua Killed by Council Tractor in Acton Park

Town Centre Plan: Acton Residents to Have Their Say

Uneven Paving Leaves Elderly Man Injured



Sign up for our free Acton newsletter

Email or comment on the

Four fire engines and around 20 firefighters were called to a flat blaze on Hanbury Road in Acton yesterday evening.

The fire damaged around a quarter of the five roomed first floor property but fire crews managed to confine the blaze to the flat’s front bedroom.

Three people left the building before the arrival of firefighters. The Brigade was called at 1922 and the fire was under control by 2008. Fire crews from Acton, Ealing, Chiswick and Hammersmith attended the incident. The cause of the fire is believed to have been a discarded cigarette.


January 5, 2010