|Man Filmed Himself Raping Acton Woman|
Hubert Greliak jailed for 18 years as 'danger to the public'
A 34-year-old woman from Acton has told of her experiences after she was raped by her boyfriend who filmed the attack.
Juliana Terlizzi, who was born in Brazil and worked as a chef, was in an on-off relationship with Hubert Greliak when he said over at her home in January 2020.
She was unconscious on her bed after Greliak had given her a large amount of ketamine, tied her hands and raped her using his mobile phone to film what he was doing.
He showed the video to Ms Terlizzi the next morning and threatened to send it to her eighty year old father. Ms Terlizzi later reported the sexual assault to police as well as the theft of money from her PayPal account and the local Safeguarding team immediately launched an investigation.
When Greliak, who worked at the Royal Albert Hall as an usher, was arrested, his phone was seized but he refused to hand over the pin code. He was charged in March 2020 with sexual assault, theft and failure to comply with a section 49 notice requiring him to give the police access to his phone and his Google Cloud account.
Meanwhile the victim’s hard drive was sent off for further testing and, in February 2021, it revealed evidence of a rape of the same victim.
Greliak was bailed by the police but breached his bail conditions. The Met’s Predatory Offender Unit, a proactive safeguarding team who tackle high harm offenders, set to out find and arrest him, resulting in Greliak having to be fitted with an electronic tag.
A backlog at the courts resulted in a significant delay to the trial and Greliak was bailed four times. According to the Sun newspaper he maintained a Tinder profile until shortly before his conviction while his victim says she did not leave her home for eight months while waiting for the trial.
In her victim impact statement Ms Terlizzi, who has waived her right to anonymity, said that she had been treated as a suspect in the case and had had her privacy violated during the trial.
She said, "I have been living in fear, unable to leave the house unaccompanied or even take my dog out for a walk. I have been going around thinking I have failed to keep other women safe from this sexual predator.
"I have been gaslit by the police and have had my whole life put on hold and have been robbed of being able to heal in peace. I was very disturbed by the way they tried to discredit me in the trial. I can see why so many cases don't make it to trial. Victims like myself become exponentially traumatised."
The police say that she was supported by specialist officers and partner agencies throughout the investigation and that she had thanked the specialist officer from the Sexual Offences Investigation Team. The Judge awarded the investigating officer a Judge’s Commendation.
Detective Inspector Julian Crabb from West Area Command Unit Safeguarding Team said, “We are absolutely committed to tackling all forms of violence against women and girls and are dedicated to achieving criminal justice outcomes for victim-survivors as we have in this case.
“The victim bravely went through the ordeal of a trial and thanks to both her compelling evidence and the work of the investigation team, we were able to put this man behind bars for a long time.
“Greliak is a dangerous and manipulative individual. He has showed no remorse or guilt for his disturbing and destructive actions. I sincerely hope the victim can begin to achieve closure and focus on the future.
“Investigations into rape and sexual assault are often complex, and I am pleased the investigating officers' actions were commended by HH Judge Hammerton. I hope this gives survivors of sexual violence the confidence to come forward and report to police."
33-year-old Greliak of Highbury New Park, N5 was jailed for 18 years and handed a restraining order against the victim at Isleworth Crown Court this Tuesday, (12 April). He will serve 13-and-a-half years in prison with the reaming time on licence. The judge, Alistair Hammerton. described him as a ‘danger to the public”.
Greliak was previously found guilty at the same court on 7 January. He had pleaded guilty to theft and failure to disclose his phone's PIN.
April 14, 2022