Three Acton Gang Members Jailed for Attempted Murder

Stabbed man in the head at Tesco Express on the Uxbridge Road

Sacdi Omar Mohammed [Left] Nasser Abdul-Aziz [Centre] Omar Abdul-Aziz [Right]


Sign up for our Acton newsletter

Comment on this story on the

Three members of a gang from Acton have been jailed for a combined total of over 30 years after stabbing a man in the head at a petrol station on the Uxbridge Road.

Sacdi Omar Mohammed, 21 of Osborne Road W3, Nasser Abdul-Aziz, 21, and Omar Abdul-Aziz, 19, both of Stanley Road W3 were found guilty of attempted murder at Isleworth Crown Court on Wednesday, 5 April, following a six-week trial. Two days later, Mohammed was sentenced at the same court to 15 years' imprisonment. Nasser Abdul-Aziz was jailed for 13 years and Omar Abdul-Aziz got 12 years.

In what police described as a pre-planned attack the three men set upon their 22-year-old victim while he was getting petrol at the Esso station outside the Tesco Express supermarket at around 2.30am on 11 September last year. As he walked back across the forecourt after paying for fuel to his car, he was chased and set upon by a large group of males, some of whom were seen brandishing weapons including knives and a large bar. The victim was stabbed seven times, twice in his head, and required surgery.

Detectives from Ealing Gangs Unit launched an investigation, obtaining CCTV of the attack which enabled them to identify suspects including the three defendants. Sacdi Mohamed and Nasser Abdul-Aziz handed themselves in at Acton Police Station on 15 September and were charged with GBH and affray the same day. Omar Abdul-Aziz attended Acton Police Station on 20 September, and charged with GBH and affray the following day. The charges were upgraded to attempted murder during court proceedings.

Three other men Said Elbahnasawy, 22, Ahmed Mohamed, 20, and Yassin Nur, 20, were all found not guilty of attempted murder in relation to this incident.

DS Richard Russell, from the Ealing Gangs Unit said: "These violent men were part of a group that pounced on the victim in a pre-planned attack. Armed with a variety of weapons, they beat and stabbed the victim all over his body, and it is incredible that he survived his injuries.

"Despite the victim being unwilling to support the investigation officers carried out a thorough investigation and identified those responsible within a matter of days. They then mounted a victimless prosecution resulting in three convictions for attempted murder.

"These convictions are testament to the hard work and dedication of the officers on the Gangs unit at Ealing, and show the Met's commitment to reducing knife crime and violence on the streets of London."


April 8, 2017


Bookmark and Share