Acton Man Sentenced To 24 Years Behind Bars For Murder of Brentford Man

Ricky Fogden and Paul Moles came armed and ready for a fight

Ricky Fogden
Ricky Fogden, 28, jailed 34 years for murder and GBH

Two men have today (Monday, 23 May) been sentenced for their involvement in the death of Stephen Ramsey and the GBH of a second man in Brentford last year.

Ricky Fogden, 28, of The Vale, W3 received a minimum of 24 years for the murder of Stephen Ramsey and eight years for wounding with intent to cause GBH for the assault, the sentences to run concurrently.

Paul Moles, 32, of Layton Road, Brentford, received nine years for the manslaughter of Stephen Ramsey and three years for unlawful wounding for the assault, to run concurrently.

Both men were convicted at the Old Bailey on Friday, 20 May following a two-week trial.

The court heard that police were called at 00.53hrs on Sunday, 28 November by the ambulance service to reports of two men stabbed at the junction of New Road and Hamilton Road, Brentford.

A 33-year-old man had suffered multiple stab wounds to the abdomen, and a 31-year-old man had suffered stab wounds to the back.

The 33-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene. He was later formally identified as Stephen Ramsey from Brentford.

A post-mortem examination at Fulham mortuary gave the cause of death as multiple stab wounds.

The second man, Scott Jennings, was taken to St George's Hospital where he was treated for his injuries and later discharged.

Police enquiries revealed that the two friends had been in the Princess Royal pub in Brentford with Jennings' girlfriend at the same time as the defendants.

It is believed all four men, who were known to each other, had been drinking throughout the day. Jennings and Ricky Fogden had become involved in an argument after Fogden made a derogatory remark to Jennings' girlfriend.

All four men then left the pub but when Jennings returned home with his girlfriend he was still upset about the altercation and decided to phone the defendants and arranged to meet them in Brook Lane North.

Once he had left for the meeting his girlfriend phoned Stephen Ramsey and asked him to go and look out for Jennings.

When the four met up, Moles and Fogden, who had come armed with weapons, attacked and stabbed the two men. Jennings and Ramsey walked away from the fight and had gone up the road before they realised they had been injured and an ambulance was called.

A few hours after the incident Paul Moles attended Hounslow police station and was arrested. He made no comment in interview but later claimed to have acted as peacemaker. He was charged the following day.

Ricky Fogden was also arrested the same day and following 'no comment' interviews he was charged as above.

Detective Inspector John McQuade of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command said, "The two defendants went to this meeting armed with weapons and with the joint intention of using violence to sort out a problem. This case demonstrates that nobody wins in this situation, and, that with the dedication and skills of specially trained detectives, you will get caught."

23 May 2011

Bookmark and Share