Acton Traffic - What's Going On?
Delays and disruption on High street and beyond
Traffic in Acton has been subject to delays and disruptions over the last few weeks caused by a combination of road and utility works.
Residents and commuters have felt the effects with many complaining about the traffic chaos on the W3 forum.
We asked Ealing Council for an update regarding the works and have been sent the information below:
''Works on the roundabout have finished now, although there may still be some utility works going on in the area.
There are further works planned for the area over the coming month, including installing new crossings, moving bus stops and installing a cycle lane, but we do not expect these to cause any significant traffic disruption and no road closures are planned.'
Breakdown of the works: -
Transport for London are currently installing the new traffic signals at the junction of Gunnersbury Lane / High Street. This work is expected to be completed on 14 March when the new signals will be turned off and the temporary signals turned off.
The new junction will include green man signal crossings on Gunnersbury Lane and Uxbridge Road. - Work has started at the Church Road / High Street junction to remove the signals and create a mini roundabout on a raised table. Works are expected to be taking place here until mid May, however, we do not expect the works to create any significant traffic disruption.
Other works include:
* New puffin crossing on the High Street next to Birkbeck Road expected to be switched on 12 March.
* Removal of old pedestrian crossing under the railway bridge expected 12-19 March.
* Relocation of various Bus stops on the High Street between now and 30 April.
* New Toucan crossing to be installed on The Vale next to Mansell Road / Birkbeck Grove between 10-29 March.
* Works at Chatsworth Gardens, split level cycle lane 31 March - 25 April.
4th March 2014