Policing report and an update on Crossrail at Acton Mainline
The next Acton Central Ward Forum meeting will take place on Wednesday 2nd July from 7.30pm-9.30pm at St Mary’s Church, 1 The Mount, Acton High Street, W3 9NW with refreshments available from 7pm.
Local Councillors Daniel Crawford, Abdullah Gulaid and Patricia Walker will be in attendance.
Agenda items include local policing update from the Safer Neighbourhoods
team, details of Crossrail at Acton Mainline Station and an update on Horn Lane pollution.
To read the notes of previous meetings, visit the Acton Central Ward Forum page on the council web site: www.ealing.gov.uk/wardforum.
Acton Central Ward Panel Objectives & Update May–August 2014
• Investigate additional police patrols around the Acton Mainline area of Horn Lane
• Conduct analysis of violence stats, to provide better transparency on cause
• Consider how to increase penetration around advertising Ward Panel objectives
• Look to encourage more sections of community to be represented on the Ward Panel
• Analysis of speeding in Churchfield Road showed average speed on the day of 17 MPH – which was acceptable. Cautions were issued for excessive speed
• Recent crime figures showed a general reduction in crime – with the exception of theft from motor vehicles.
• Burglary in the North Acton Playing Fields area has drastically reduced
19th June 2014